Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Important Event (In my life).

Important Event (In my life).

When I was in grade six, me and my three friends were running down the big concrete steps at George Pringle Elementary School so that we could make our way down to the gym to see the floor hockey games. When we were halfway down the stairs I lost my balance and fell to land in an awkward position, with my foot twisted and my leg bent. My friends were right behind me and seen that I fell so they helped me up. There was blood on my knee, a rip in my pants, and a pounding feeling from my foot to my ankle. I tried to put my foot down to see if I could walk on it, but instead I made the feeling worse, an agonizing pain hit the ball of my foot. It was the most pain I've had in my life, even though I'm a very clumsy girl.

We made our way up to the top of the stairs, me hopping on my non-injured foot, and my friends supporting me so I couldn't fall, again. When we got inside I sat on the couch in the office to find my foot swelled and purple, it was pretty ugly. I got an ice pack wrapped around my foot right away and disliked the feel of icy-ness on my numb foot, but it was the only thing that would get the swelling to go down. I called my mom when my foot settled and asked her to come pick me up form school early, because of my injury.

I struggled into my mom's car and we drove off to get an x-ray to see what the problem was. When the lady shifted my foot all around to get the right pictures of my bones was the hard part. She wasn't gentle, and she had monstrous hands that couldn't help themselves, I think that they could of injured me more. When she was done the x-ray she showed the pictures and told me and my mother that I had sprained my foot and ankle and pulled some attendants.

When we got back to my house I crawled up the stairs and hopped to the couch so I could . The issue was that the Red Cross wasn't open for three days so I could get my crutches and I had to roll everywhere on my black wheeled chair to get around the house, which was an annoyance.
When I finally got my crutches, I had to use them for about a month, which meant no activity on my feet. Now I hope I'm not so clumsy to get another injury like that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment