Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter Scene.

Winter Scene.

It smells like
cinnamon and pine tree. It feels warm and cozy, comfy and like home. It isn't home though, it's somewhere not so far from where I live. Me and my family are staying at a cabin up in Big White for the Christmas holidays and in my opinion, it's the best way too spend the weeks, in a cabin, on a ski mountain, with the family. It's an amazing place to be, and I love it up here. The windows are frosty and you can barely see the glistening whiteness of the snow outside on the hill. The trees tower over the buildings and people swiftly fly by our cabin dow the slope on their skiis and boards. The kitchen is baking the delicious smells that fill every room in the two floor rental. Grandmother and mom are standing and talking about new things that have happened this year while taking fresh cookies out of the oven. The scent was grandmas Cristmas Pepermint Chocolate Chip, mmm, my favourite. As I walk to the couch I hear my mom and grandma preparing for the lovely Christmas dinner, boy were we going to have a feast tonight. Every year grandma comes to see us for Christmas, and every Christmas dinner, she fills the long table with food. Turkey, cranberries, potatoes, ham, gravy, cooked veggies, homemade bread and tons more of delicious food. My grandpa, uncle, dad, brother, sister and I all sit down in the decorated living room to watch the Christmas specials on the wide screen T.V. The room was filled with Christmas decorations and candles, warm blankets and sparkling lights, but what sticks out the most, is that beautiful evergreen colored pine tree that covers a blank corner in the room. It is treasured with memories that came even when I was first born.

No comments:

Post a Comment