My School.
This is a place I have to come every day to get an education in my life. The things I see, hear, feel, smell and taste every day can be just normal, interesting, important and even unusual.
When I walk around this school I mostly see children in the halways, sitting on the stone steps and by their lockers talking and walking, I see people buying from the vending machines and throwing stuff into the garbage cans. I see posters, promoting things like the bake sale and pink day, I also see my friends and teachers. There are important things like classrooms that we learn in, the roof we get taught under and the stairs we use to get to different floors.
Some can hear the shouts in the hallway from the loud voices. Everyone in the school can hear the teachers announcing something important over the intercom. Kids chat and chat none stop, people run through the hallways, loud and quiet little feet walk by. Money dangles from the telephone booths and vending machines, papers flip, turn and get crumpled. This school I go to is a very noisy place.
When I feel people push past me in a hurry to get to their classes in time, I feel squished and tiny, especially when their taller. This place I come to feels gigantic to me, but yet I feel comfortable and used to this place I've come to know well.
I can smell sweat from kids who just had P.E. and body oder from those who aren't cleanly enough. When I step outside I smell the freshness of the air. Some teachers and kids wear a certain cologne or perfume that vary from fruity to musky and deodorant or shampoo that you can smell off their bodies.
When I taste something at this school I can taste the fresh air, the food that comes out of the vending machine, and icy water pouring down my throat from the fountain. A lot of the time the things I taste are the things I smell by inhaling the scent through my mouth.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment